Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 24, 2009--Rya Kayleen is born!

Rya is finally here! She was born at 8:30 a.m. on March 24, 2009. Stacey , Abbie and I had the privilege of being there for her birth. Chrissy was so amazing--she did such a great job, and Gregg was right there by her side every minute, helping her so sweetly. We experienced so many emotions--It was stressful, thrilling, tiring, amazing, beautiful!---I have to say that I am overcome with tears of joy as I write this. To have had the privilege of watching Rya, Ashton, Coral and Kayla come into this world has been so amazing! It truly is a spiritual experience for me to watch such a miracle. To watch as their moms have gone through so much physically to get them here. It is a sacrifice, it is hard---to carry a baby for 9 months and to know that at the end you must labor and go through pain you have never imagined --to be able to hold that baby in your arms. It is an experience that brings you closer to God---He knows all things. How he blesses us. Of course I too have gone through these times myself, and I know what these beautiful moms go through. Why are we willing to have these near-death experiences? When each of my babies was placed in my arms I fell in love! over and over and over again. Love doesn't divide itself-it multiplies. My heart is so full of joy and love and gratitude to be a mother of such beautiful children, and a grandma to such adorable little ones. How they bless my life!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

She is the most beautiful baby! It was a very special event and I'll never forget it! I can't wait to see that little baby girl again!

You took some amazing pictures!

Barbara Rich said...

What a beautiful baby, Cindy! Your thoughts on motherhood and grandmotherhood are beautiful as well.

bacalways said...

Cindy...I just love your family. You are amazing and I'm sure you are the BEST grandma because you are the greatest mom! You inspire me. I LOVE your blog....so darn cute!!

Candi

lori said...

congratulations!! your grand children are so blessed to have you for their grandma! wow! birth is such an overwhelming experience for all involved. personally, i'll never forget it...ever. your words were very touching and whispered truth to my heart. give chrissy a big hug for me! i love you!